Siemens Smart Building Project Management Internship Cincinnati in Milford, Ohio
Job Family: Internal Services
Req ID: 386983
Smart Buildings Project Management Internship
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation! We know that the only way a business thrive is if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global, diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in new ways. Who knows where our shared journey will take you?
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for an internship where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Does gaining hands-on experience, real-world skills and valuable knowledge while developing yourself professionally sound exciting to you? Then look to the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Regional Solutions and Services Americas Internship Program!
We are looking for a Smart Buildings Project Management Intern. This position will be based at our Cincinnati area branch located in Milford, OH
What you will do as a Siemens Smart Infrastructure Project Management Intern
- During this 10-week internship program, you will rotate through various departments at the local branch office, focusing on smart buildings and sustainable infrastructure.
- 80% of your time will be spent on project management-related activities (learning how to manage a construction project, on-the-job training, and shadowing, etc.), 10% of your time with be spent with the sales department learning how we go-to-market and sell our solutions and services, and 10% of your time will be spent in our service department, focusing on the service related tasks needed to deliver world-class service to Siemens customers.
- You may get experience rotating through our core business segments, which include HVAC, Fire/Life Safety, Security, and Energy/Sustainability Systems.
- The goal of this internship program is to develop future talent for the Siemens organization and help you identify where you may be interested in pursuing a career at Siemens post-graduation.
Responsibilities working alongside current Project Managers/ Associate Project Manager, you will:
- Review project specifications, drawings, and project-specific documents to establish a project delivery plan.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule, as well as coordinate needs with the project team, identifying time-sensitive installation needs.
- Manage the procurement of supplies and materials to complete projects.
- Participate in project cost reviews.
- Track labor resources and project progress.
- Pursue project-specific change-order opportunities.
- Complete project-specific close-out documentation.
- Rotate through other departments within the branch office to learn about how our branch organization operates as a whole.
- Attend virtual executive discussions and events with other interns to develop a sense of what a career at Siemens is all about
You’ll win us over by having the following qualifications:
- Education: Current sophomore or junior undergraduates pursuing a BA/BS from an accredited college or university, preferably majoring in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial/System Engineering, Industrial Distribution, HVAC, or Business Management/Marketing/Sales with strong technical or engineering aptitude
- Availability: 40 hours per week from May/June to July/August 2024
- Prior internship or co-op experience (preferred but not necessary)
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Strong analytical, writing, presentation, and critical-thinking skills
- Industry knowledge and/or interest
- Work Authorization: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual and permanent basis without company sponsorship.
You’ll benefit from:
The hourly pay range for this position is $22 - $26 per hour, based off of your projected graduation year. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications, and premium geographic location. Additionally, interns for Siemens are eligible to contribute into our 401K program.
Create a better #TomorrowWithUs
We are a global technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare. From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, and smarter buildings and grids, to sustainable transportation as well as advanced healthcare, we create technology with purpose adding real value for customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We value your unique identity and perspective. We are fully committed to providing equitable opportunities and building a workplace that reflects the diversity of society. Come bring your authentic self and create a better tomorrow with us. Learn more about our commitment to DEI here (https://www.siemens.com/us/en/company/environmental-society-governance/diversity.html) .
Protecting the environment, conserving our natural resources, fostering the health and performance of our people as well as safeguarding their working conditions are core to our social and business commitment at Siemens. They are an integral part of our Business Conduct Guidelines and our corporate strategy.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here (https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html) .